On Jan. 3rd we took our nieces and nephew Taylor, Riley, and Rees snowboarding for their first time. The night before they all spent the night at our house so we could get up bright and early to drive to Mt. Baker. It was about a 3 hour drive (a little different than Utah). The snow was better than I expected, and because of the recent storms they had tons of powder. We started out on the beginner hill with Heath and Colt trying to teach all 3 of them. My sister-in-law and I were skiing, but she had not been since she was a teenager. After one run and lots of falling the kids went to an hour and a half lesson that we had signed them up for. After a quick lunch we were back on the slopes. The kids did better than I ever expected and they had fun. We are hoping to take them at least once more this season.
1.15.2009
Mt. Baker
On Jan. 3rd we took our nieces and nephew Taylor, Riley, and Rees snowboarding for their first time. The night before they all spent the night at our house so we could get up bright and early to drive to Mt. Baker. It was about a 3 hour drive (a little different than Utah). The snow was better than I expected, and because of the recent storms they had tons of powder. We started out on the beginner hill with Heath and Colt trying to teach all 3 of them. My sister-in-law and I were skiing, but she had not been since she was a teenager. After one run and lots of falling the kids went to an hour and a half lesson that we had signed them up for. After a quick lunch we were back on the slopes. The kids did better than I ever expected and they had fun. We are hoping to take them at least once more this season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Hey, glad to see that you have not given up on your blog. It was good to talk to you yesterday. Keep watching for that candy. Love ya!!!
I'm jealous... I want to go boarding in powder!
Post a Comment