margin:0; color:#ffffff; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:#215670; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#6f3c1b; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#6f3c1b; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #CAF99B; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #CAF99B; text-align: center; color:#6f3c1b; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal normal 200% Georgia, Serif; } #header a { color:#6f3c1b; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#6f3c1b; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; color: #CAF99B; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 97% Georgia, Times, serif; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#ffff66; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #CAF99B; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#6f3c1b; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#6f3c1b; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#ffffff; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#ffff66; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #CAF99B; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #ffff66; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #32527A; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #CAF99B; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #CAF99B; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; color: #ffff66; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Arial, Verdana, Sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

10.05.2008

Septoplasty Surgery


On Friday morning I had surgery to correct my deviated septum. I haven't really ever had problems breathing, but when I was younger I got wicked bad nose bleeds that were hard to stop. This is the first time I have had surgery with general anesthesia. I remember lying on the table with the oxygen mask on, and the next thing I knew I was waking up. I didn't have any pain, I just felt groggy. The surgery only lasted about 45 mins. On the way home Heath bought me some soup from Panera Bread since I was starving. I wasn't really thinking and I took a pain pill on an empty stomach on the ride home. When we got home I told Heath I thought I was going to throw up. He got the fan and helped me get settled on the couch. He had just walked away when I told him to grab something for me to throw up in. He grabbed the garbage can, but he was too late. I threw up all down the front of me, on the blanket and the TV remote. It was pretty gross. He was so nice and helped clean me up, although I could tell it was making him gag. From then on I was fine. I have not had any pain and have not needed to take any pain medicine. It is just uncomfortable because there are plastic splints up my nose helping to hold it in place, and I have to breath out of my mouth a lot. The worst part is that I have to irrigate my nose with saline solution 3 times a day. I hate the feeling when it runs down my throat or back out my nose. All in all, it has not been that bad, and I think it will be worth it when I can breath better and don't have as many bloody noses. I have the whole next week off from work so I can rest and recoup.

3 comments:

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

Heath helped you clean up your throw up? What a good husband :) Heath I am so proud of you. Now you are fully prepared for having kids.
I am glad everything went well!!

We love you guys :)

Jen Gentry said...

Sounds like you did pretty good for that being your first surgery. I am horrible waking up from anesthesia and I always throw up a million times when I first wake up.

Brooke said...

We're glad you're doing well!

Benson puked all over me yesterday in the Neuschwanstein Castle. Ludwig would have been so mad.